English Papers and Articles
- Frei H: Polarity Analysis in the Homeopathic Treatment of Skin Disease
The American Homeopath, 2014 – Download
- Frei H: Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder and Polarity Analysis: Features, Cases, Results
Simillimum Journal 2014 – Download
- Frei H: Homeopathic Treatment of Multimorbid Patients: a Prospective Outcome Study with Polarity Analysis. Homeopathy 104 (2015), pp 57-65 – Download
- Frei H: H1N1 Influenza: A Prospective Outcome Study with Homeopathy and Polarity Analysis
American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine, 2014 – Download
- Frei H: Baby colic: Polarity analysis reliably points to the remedy. A case of Kalium carbonicum. Spectrum of Homeopathy (2013), 1, 98-105 – Download
- Rutten ALB, Frei H: Frequently occurring symptoms assessed by successful cases. Homeopathy (2012) 101, 103-111 – Download
- Frei H: H1N1-Influenza Epidemic 2011: Experiences with Polarity Analysis. Spectrum of Homeopathy, (2011) 3, 26-37 – Download
- Frei H: A Masked Depression in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Polarity Analysis. Homeopathic Links (2011), 24, 217-221 – Download
- Frei H: Asperger Syndrome and Polarity Analysis. Homeopathic Links, (2011), 24; 19-22 – Download
- Rutten ALB, Frei H: Opposite repertory rubrics in Bayesian perspective, Homeopathy (2010), 99, 113-118 – Download
- Frei H: Self-injury in Borderline Personality Disorder and Polarity Analysis, Homeopathic Links, (2009), 22, 1-4 – Download
- Frei H: Polarity analysis, a new approach to increase the precision of homeopathic prescriptions. Homeopathy (2009) 98, 2-10 – Download
- Frei H, Everts R, von Ammon K et al: Randomized controlled trials of homeopathy in hyperactive children: Treatment procedure leads to an unconventional study design. Homeopathy 2007, 96: 35-41 – Download
- Frei H, von Ammon K, Thurneysen A: Treatment of hyperactive children: Increased efficiency through modifications of homeopathic diagnostic procedure. Homeopathy 2006, 95: 163-170 – Download
- Frei H, Everts R, von Ammon K et al: Homeopathic treatment of children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial. European Journal of Pediatrics 2005, 164/12: 758-767 – Download
- Frei H, Thurneysen A: Homeopathy in acute otitis media in children: Treatment effect or spontaneous resolution? British Homeopathic Journal 2001, 90: 180-182 – Download
- Frei H: Treatment for hyperactive children: homeopathy and methylphenidate compared in a family setting. British Homeopathic Journal 2001, 90: 183-188 – Download
- Frei H, von Ammon K, Thurneysen A, et al: Homeopathic Treatment of Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Results of a Long Term Study over 5 Years, including a Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Crossover Trial. In Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), by Stuart M Gorden and Aileen E Mitchell, Editors. Nova Science Publishers, New York, 2009. ISBN 978-1-60741-581-7.
- Frei H: Reflections on Study Design of Homeopathic Randomized Controlled Trials (Part 1). Content: this presentation is based on our experience with the Swiss homeopathic randomized controlled trial (RCT) in ADHD patients. Part 1 elucidates and discusses the special conditions met by researchers in homeopathic RCTs. You will learn about the pitfalls encountered by the study team, and you are introduced to the consequences drawn for further research in homeopathy.
- Frei H: Polarity Analysis - a Treatment Method Suited for Homeopathic RCTs (Part 2) Content: part 2 introduces polarity analysis (PA), the treatment method developed for use in the Swiss RCT. Thanks to PA it was possible to demonstrate a significant difference between placebo and homeopathic medicines. The method has since been tested in all fields of homeopathic treatment and has proved to be effective in general. The excellent results obtained so far clearly warrant further study of PA. National Center for Homeopathy/NCH, Alexandria/VA, USA, 2012. http://www.nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/nch-webinars – Download
- H. Frei: Homeopathic Treatment of Children with ADD/ADHD. (English translation of a seminar on polarity analysis at the psychiatry congress in Bad Krotzingen, Germany, 2012, 2 DVDs). Narayana Publishers, Kandern, Germany.
- H. Frei: Mental Illness in Children and Polarity Analysis. (English translation of a seminar at the psychiatry congress in Bad Badenweiler, Germany, 2011, 1 DVD). Narayana Publishers, Kandern, Germany.
Important Contributions by Other Authors
- Oskin J: Webinar: The Homeopathic Research and Treatment of ADHD, August 2011. This webinar held at the NCH presents our ADHD research and includes documented cases of homeopathic ADHD treatment. It is highly recommended. You can find it at http://nationalcenterforhomeopathy.org/nch-webinars
This textbook introduces you to the method of polarity analysis and provides numerous case studies of acute and chronic disease, psychiatric disorders, ADHD as well as multimorbid illness. The case studies illustrate the method and provide an opportunity to learn polarity analysis step-by-step with practical exercises. The checklists and questionnaires included can be used by readers to implement the procedure in their own practices. Several outcome studies demonstrate the effectiveness of the method.